Like always, we reflect on our programs and make small adjustments as needed to further enhance the program for our members. For school year 2019 – 2020, we will make a few of these adjustments, to accommodate the large group of kids who are currently in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even 5th year of learning with us.
The following groups will be established:
- Ninja Kids 3 – 5: Parent – Toddler & Pre-schooler program, teaching pre-martial art skills.
- Ninja Kids 6 – 8: Early Martial Arts Skills program, combining very basic skills from Karate, Taijutsu, and Jujutsu.
- Ninja Kids 9 – 10: Foundational Martial Arts introducing kids to structured traditional Japanese martial arts training: Karate & Jujutsu combined.
- Teen Jujutsu 11+: An exclusive program in Canada, following the Suigetsujuku Martial Arts Organization in Japan, teaching real Japanese Jujutsu including kicks, punches, blocks, locks, throws, as well as techniques for self-defense. Members who transition into this program trade in their Ninja Kids belt during the first exam to start following the Teen and adult system.
- Teen Jujutsu 14+: Start preparing for our regular adult Jujutsu program for kids 14 and older.
All programs include Junan Taiso, a Japanese version of Yoga as stretching exercises for warmup and cool-down.
All sessions will be on Monday evening at Pre-Cam School Gym.