Ninja Kids Martial Arts® will be offered again during the 2020-2021 school year. Like always, we reflect on our programs and make small adjustments as needed to further enhance the program for our members. For school year 2020 – 2021, we will make a few of these adjustments.
NEW for 2020 – 2021. We have taken this time to rewrite our martial arts program into an awesome Belt-Level Curriculum. Kids will now have the opportunity to earn stripes on their belt every few weeks, and then qualify for a formal Belt examination for kids who are ready every two months. Now all the kids in the group will be working on the same skills to move forward towards earning their next belt.
The following groups will be established:
- Ninja Kids 3 – 5: Parent – Toddler & Pre-schooler program, teaching pre-martial art skills.
- Ninja Kids 6 – 11 White and Yellow Belt: Early Martial Arts Skills program, combining very basic skills from Karate, and Jujutsu, to help get kids through their first belt stages.
- Ninja Kids 6 – 11 Orange, Green and Brown: Foundational Martial Arts for more advanced students.
- Separate Teen Jujutsu 12+: An exclusive program in Canada, teaching real Japanese Jujutsu including kicks, punches, blocks, locks, throws, as well as techniques for self-defense. Members who transition into this program trade in their Ninja Kids belt during the first exam to start following the Teen and adult system.
- Teen Jujutsu 14+: Start preparing for our regular adult Jujutsu program for kids 14 and older.
All programs include Junan Taiso, a Japanese version of Yoga as stretching exercises for warmup and cool-down.
All sessions will be on Monday evening at Pre-Cam School Gym.